expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Am The Song

Do you see how amazing it is to come up on stage hearing thousands of people screaming your name in a sold-out stadium? Or how awesome that feeling is when your own songs are playing on the radio? What about that one time onstage when you just stand there, pointing out your mic to all those people singing the lyrics to a song you wrote by yourself? 



The Beatles. They are legends. They're not just a band. They are the ones who introduced to the world what real music is. It is them who made us realize that there is definitely more to music. Music is not just a simple tune you hum while cleaning, or a simple tap on your desk. It is what we feel. It is a reflection of who we truly are. 

I have been listening to The Beatles since I was a little kid because of my dad. He is a big fan, and he is my mentor in terms of singing and playing musical instruments. He told me that The Beatles won several awards because of their dedication and great talent. They had lots of fans around the world, including him, who admired their songwriting skills. Fans like my dad sing The Beatles' songs almost everyday, and play them on his guitar. Since then, I thought I found out what my dream is. And that is to become a famous singer. 

It wasn't just The Beatles who influenced me in songwriting. There's Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, who gave me the idea of what to write about. Michael loved to write songs about making a change for the children. I see that Michael wanted to deliver his message of healing the world by means of writing a song. And that's how I wanted to deliver mine too. 

Growing up, I found out about Taylor Swift. It was in 2009 when I heard her song on the radio and fell completely in love with it. As I researched on the net about her, I figured out that her songs were all based from real-life experiences. Her album was always like diary. Each song expresses her exact thoughts and feelings when she was under these situations. And this gave me another idea of how to express myself in writing a song.

Paramore, a punk-rock band, is also one of my influences in songwriting. Hayley Williams, the band's vocalist and lyricist, taught me that I can also write songs about other people. Like, how would I get through those obstacles if I were that person? What would I do if I were in his shoes? This way, I can express myself as well. 

All these bands and solo artists have become successful because of their talents and hard work. And all of them have at least been nominated for the Grammy Awards. Besides my dream of becoming a famous singer, I also want to win a Grammy. I want to be remembered the same way The Beatles and Michael Jackson were. 

Soon, my concert tickets will be sold out in a minute and I'll have fans all over the world. They'll buy my albums and vote for me on award shows. And most of all, they'll sing all my songs loud and love music the way I do. 

I'll be a legend someday. I'll be remembered because of my songs. 








“The only truth is music.”  ― Jack Kerouac





No comments:

Post a Comment