expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Once Up Ahead, Now Fallen

How would it feel like picking up the shattered pieces of treasured memories? How would it feel like thinking of all the beautiful moments you should be having with them by now? How painful could it be? 

It was a typical weekday night with my family when I first knew about the Fallen 44. I was so shocked. Nobody ever deserves this. Nobody, not even the most sinful one does. My aunt in the paternal side happened to marry a policeman. In no doubt, I look up to him and his fellow policemen on their courage and dedication to fight for justice. I may not know a lot of the police, but I know how big it takes to actually be one. And it rips me off thinking about how outnumbered the Filipino policemen are and 44 of them just happen to pass away this February of 2015.

I remember Ninoy Aquino's famous line about the Filipinos. Are we really worth-dying for? Of all the criminal cases around our nation, of all the curse words we utter to our fellow citizens of the Philippines, of all the betrayals we have done to our country, are we still worth-dying for?

My question, however, was answered by the Fallen 44. Their families may still be mourning up to now. But indeed, we still are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment